Does anybody know what the hell passionberri is? There is a new store going in a strip mall near the Sashas but it's just this sign and a blank empty store right now. Their website is crap- take down that splash page and put up some content!!!! Am I missing something on there? Is there a "click here to continue" somewhere?????
Thursday, May 29, 2008
And I also knew that we were way too hot for 1987 when we randomly dressed up and had Mimilicious take this shot in your driveway. That is a bandanna that you are wearing as a bikini top and yes, I do have on a trash bag and blue lips.
Thanks for being a good friend for all these years- I love ya and can't wait to celebrate your 34th with you.
Now when is that going to be?
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Without further ado, here's the high points:
- Veet In Shower Hair Removal Cream, designed to withstand water, so you put it on before you get in the shower, wait three minutes, then remove the cream with the sponge that comes with it.
- McCormick has come out with Potato Steamers (in your grocer's freezer) the steam in the microwave in no time- Italian Herb and Roasted Garlic & Rosemary varieties.
- KytoStat bandages ($15 for a pack of three at drugstore.com) don't just protect the wound- they actually stop the bleeding. Expensive- but it sounds like they may be worth having on hand.
- Theme park smarts- Safety Tat - Temporary tattoos with your phone number! Very cool.
- Last but not least, Parents is having their Annual Cover Search. As I've told you before, don't you dare go entering your kid and trying to beat mine. Kidding. Sort of.
Wow, I just noticed that was almost all "products" that I tore out and nothing about actual parenting, with the exception of the bandages and safety tats that would make me a safer parent. Interesting.
I hate it so much that I wore the same top for 8 years, and even when the back clasp broke, I continued to wear the top and kept using the MacGyver-ified grey rope that held the back together. For like 3 years. I'm sure Slim will remember because it all went down at the lake on their pontoon boat.
Anyway, one of my requirements is that the bottoms be shorts, not some skimpy bottom. Mr. Sasha doesn't understand, but the backs of your legs at 34 just don't look like the back of your legs at 18. Even if I was underweight, the yuckiness would still be there.....
Anyway, I am thinking about getting this suit but am not sure which print I like best. Opinions please?
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Friday, May 23, 2008
Stephanie, I agree that Lip Envy is not a good product- I was not impressed with it at all. Did you know Sephora has a great return policy?
Turns out she wears Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor in True Chocolate. Fabulous brown color. This is a two step product with a stain/longwearing lipcolor on one end and a top coat on the other.
I love love love this product (two of my HG lippies are Overtime Lipcolor Sheer in Sheer Pomegranate and the Overtime Lipcolor in Perpetual Plum) and think you would like it too. You can apply the topcoat as much as you like and it's doesn't ball up the lipcolor.
I noticed a new product in my Walgreen's flyer last week, Revlon's ColorStay Mineral Lipglaze. (Note that for some reason, this product is not listed on Revlon's website.)
I love lipgloss, but have a terrible time wearing it because it always runs in the little lines around my lips. So I'm always searching for a lipgloss that has staying power and pigment and doesn't run.
I purchased the two darkest colors, Overtime Wine and Plum, and they are fabulous. Smell is nice, feels good on your lips, pigment has staying power, wears off evenly, and lasts all morning!
Mr. Sasha had just called me and said that after I left for work, The Wild Child did the following:
- took off her shorts and tried to secretly throw them away
- poured out her baggie of cereal on the floor
- tried to get the cereal box to eat out of instead
- spit on him a few times
- hit at him
- yelled "No!" about a million times
- tried to bite Mr. Sasha when he was putting her in her car seat
- cried/screamed all the way to school
- then magically changed her tune when she saw her friend walking in to school, wiped off her tears and said "Yay, school!"
- once she was in her classroom, saw a little boy crying for his mom and she gave him a hug and said "It's OK."
So we have a "developmental assessment" scheduled for next Tuesday morning. Maybe she has some developmental delay that is causing her to be frustrated? Maybe she has a sensory integration problem and just can't deal? Maybe we are just bad parents? We will see what DHS has to say.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
But now he's starting to wake up to pee and it is driving Mr. Sasha and I ca-razy.
Most usually we'll wake up in the middle of the night and realize that he's standing by our bed. Who knows how long he's been there and it's kinda creepy. He wants someone to go to the bathroom with him and then take him back to bed and tuck him in. Sometimes I pretend I don't hear him and let Mr. Sasha deal with it all (Hi Mr. Sasha!).
I have told him every night for months about how he can do it on his own, not wake us up, etc. He's not listening.
I need a solution, and I need one now. What's a tired girl to do? Help?
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
I can't believe I forgot to post about this! Mr. Sasha actually got me the model that was one step up from the one I originally told him about- he got the Forerunner 205.
I absolutely love it! It shows your pace, distance, and elapsed time, all figured using a satellite system! It's rechargeable, so no pesky batteries to replace. The band is actually small enough for my pretty tiny wrist. All in all, one of the best presents I've ever gotten. All of you on the C25K bandwagon need one- you'd love it!
There's something to be said for picking out your own gift. Mr. Sasha actually ordered his own Father's Day gift today- some new golf shoes and some golf shirts so he'll be all set for his Amateur Golf Tour this summer.
How about you- what's the best gift you've ever gotten, and did you pick it out yourself, or were you surprised?
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
In the 3-4 years that I've used ebates, there have been about 3 times that something slipped through the cracks at ebates. However, if you click on "help" in the upper right hand part of their screen, you'll get a nifty customer service menu. And, behold, a link that says "Where's my cash back?"
So, Ms. Kate, just log in, click on that, and follow the instructions. I've never had a problem once I've gotten the proper information to them. Heck, there must be 10000000 people who belong to ebates, no less than 75 referred by yours truly. I figure it kind of like the post office, give them that much stuff, they're going to lose a little bit here and there.
Hope this helps!
Oh, and if someone still isn't registered with ebates, now's the time! Follow my link on the right to get your $10 bonus too!
Monday, May 19, 2008
Made a quick run to SuperTarget at lunch to pick up necessities (milk, Mr. Clean, printer cartridge, Market Pantry Raspberry Blackberry sparkling calorie free water, toothpaste for P) and of course I went down the snack aisle. I'm a big fan of the 100 calorie packs, seeing as how I have no control when it comes to portions and the way I've been eating lately, I'll be needing that wardrobe back that I donated to charity after I finally lost my baby weight last year. So I'm making the 100 calorie packs my afternoon snack.
Anyway, the above York 100 Calorie Peppermint Wafer Bars called my name and ended up in my cart. And they are tasty! The are 7 packages in the box ($2.99) and each package has two long slim chocolate-covered wafers with a peppermint creme in the middle. I'll definitely be buying these again and will also be searching for the Reese's version.
Super good on an early summer night listening to an Americana band in the park. Makes corralling the kiddos on picnic blanket not as bad as it could be.
Maybe if I had brought a few more we could have stayed longer......
Friday, May 16, 2008
If you aren't signed up yet, now is the time! Through June 30, anyone who signs up through this link will get $10 (and so will I!).
Let me know if you have questions. Glad to answer them!
So I've been stalking the UPS website and I see my package in now in Big City Close To Me, My State, so it should be there when I get home today. I actually foresee that I might have to continue to stalk UPS and once it's delivered, I may or may not have to make up an excuse to run home to get it.
I ordered: (and yes, I know I went overboard, but hey, that's what I do, and Mr. Sasha, if you are reading this, I am using my $128 ebates check to pay for this that should be arriving any day since it was mailed to me yesterday)
- Pro To Go lipstick in Cherry Glisten, Berry Juice, and Provocative Plum
- Skin So Soft Bug Guard since we live in Mosquito Land
- Banishing Cream Skin Discoloration Improver (recommended by Valeri for my hyperpigmentation)
- mark Glossblossom Ripening Lip Tint (like O-Gloss or Mood Swing, only affordable!)
- mark Caribbean Shine Lip Gloss in Kiss on The Beach
- Nail Experts Nail Brightener- a must-have per Traci Ann
- mark Self Sanctuary Lemon Sugar Moisture Milk - supposed to smell like my beloved Fresh Sugar Lemon
- mark Shine Tubes Hook Up Lip Gloss in Buttercream Brioche - another Traci Anne recommendation
So hold tight, reviews to come!
Thursday, May 15, 2008
I recently found my new theme song (Jason Mraz- I'm Yours), and it's all summery and makes me want a beer or three. That works out great since this is The Summer of Beer.
For some reason I can't explain, I've developed a little crush on Jason Mraz. Yum.
Let me know what you think. Am I nutty?
Edited to add: I figured it out! It's that cute little sideways grin he has when he is singing..... Boy, I'm certainly a pathetic 34 year old working soccer mom of two, huh?
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Laura, first of all, I've seen a pic of you on your blog, and I see no dark circles! You are gorgeous! But if you insist that this is a problem for you, I may have an idea that you haven't tried.
Have you tried applying your minerals wet? I have heard of ladies using water or, get this, Milk of Magnesia, to make a paste with their minerals and applying that with a concealer brush. Let that dry before you apply your foundation dry with your normal foundation brush. I believe they were just using their regular foundation color for this method.
Let me know what you think. If this isn't a road you want to go down, I have another makeup crazy friend who might know..... Traci Anne, any other ideas?
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
My fab new friend from OBBC, Valeri, directed me to her personal avon page and was kind enough to send me a free shipping code so I could get my hot little hands on some of their new Pro To Go lipstick!
I imagine she may have some more codes to spare- just email her at bucfanri at gmail dot com and tell her Sasha sent you!
I would describe the Pro To Go as a highly pigmented lip balm. It doesn't have a lot of staying power, but it feel absolutely fabulous on your lips and wears off extremely evenly, so I didn't mind reapplying it. My lips were somewhat chapped the morning I started using the lipstick, but by the end of the day, they felt conditioned and weren't chapped at all. Love this stuff.
I tried Cherry Glisten (Reese's shade and my favorite), Provocative Plum, and Berry Juicy- all are beautiful shades. Try 'em and let me know what you think!
Monday, May 12, 2008
I did a lot of internet searching out of desperation when WC's H started ulcerating, and I didn't easily find any pics like these, showing in order how an H opened up and then healed.
If you ever need any information about hemangiomas, or just someone to talk to who has been through one, just email me.
The Politician had some homework over the weekend- the above pennant was sent home blank and he was supposed to decorate it- concentrating on his hobbies and interests.
Mr. Sasha was all, "Oh, we can have him put a bicycle on there, and soccer, and trains...."
I said, "And are you wanting him to draw these things????? Because he can't even write his name."
Cause we are slacker parents and haven't worked at all with him on writing or drawing. He is just not interested in coloring/drawing and I don't push it.
Anyway, I got out some markers and set them on the table. He grabbed a yellow tadoodle and started scribbling. You can see the results above. I was getting worried and a little sweaty- what was this going to look like next to all the others?
Suddenly I got the bright idea to get a magazine and cut out pictures of things he likes. He loved this and had fun taping the pictures of Dora, Diego, pancakes, drums, and ice cream etc. on the pennant. He did also try to write his name, which I blocked out, but let's just say it would have probably been safe to leave it there because I don't imagine you would have been able to decipher it.
And it was just fabulous that I realized on Mother's Day that I am the worst mom ever. P will be 5 in August and can't write his name. Is he destined to be a non-productive member of society?
Friday, May 9, 2008
I think I'll do my own, and as Tina said, I have "eclectic" taste, so have fun!
Step 1: Put your MP3 player or whatever on random
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Here’s the fun part: YOU get to guess what song it is from just the one line; if you’re really good, you’ll know the artist as well!
Step 4: I'll color line when someone gets it right, linking to that someone, cause I’m nice like that.
Step 5: No cheating! And by cheating, I mean no looking them up on Google or any other search engine.
- Another summer day, has come and gone away in Paris and Rome (Stephanie guessed Home by Michael Buble, although the one on my ipod is actually by Blake Shelton)
- I could go out tonight, and find some stranger, it wouldn’t be wrong, no it wouldn’t be wrong
- I've been waiting, pacing along the halls ever since you left here. I've been cleaning, scrubbing the plates and weeding out the garden dear
- I don’t mind spending some time just hangin here with you
Cause I don’t find many guys who treat me like you do
- I don’t remember what day it was, I didn’t notice what time it was
- Down in the valley, the valley so low, that's where my vegetables, my vegetables grow (CM got it- In the Valley of Vegetables by Laurie Bernker)
- She got a shack floating down the Pontchartrain (Britni got it- Love is Free by Sheryl Crow)
- Busted flat in Baton Rouge waiting for a train (Hair Girl got it- Janis Joplin, Me and Bobby McGee)
- Anyone who's ever had a heart, wouldn't turn around and break it (The Renee got it- Sweet Jane, and I have both versions on my ipod- Cowboy Junkies and Velvet Underground, which I like equally well)
- I don’t wanna see your face, I don’t wanna hear your name, I don't want a thing, just stay away baby (Hair Girl guessed Rod Stewart, but not that I know of)
- He’s a movie star, only drives rented cars. met him in a bar, said I know who you are. Took him to my party as they games were starting, bottles on the ground, are you ready now?
- You say, I only hear what I want to (Slim got it- Lisa Loeb "Stay")
- She said “It’s cold outside” as she hands me my raincoat (Sandra got it- 3 AM by Matchbox Twenty)
- So long ago I don’t remember when, that’s when they say I lost my only friend (sweet-seventeen got it- One Headlight by The Wallflowers)
- I went to a party last Saturday night, I didn’t get laid, I got in a fight (aj got it- Lita Ford- Kiss Me Deadly)
- Baby I get so scared inside and I don’t really understand, if it's love that’s on my mind or is it fantasy (Anonymous got it- Close My Eyes Forever by Lita Ford and Ozzy)
- I was sitting in my garden, when I saw a bumblebee (CM got it- Buzz Buzz by Laurie Bernker)
- Hey, hey, mama, said the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove (Tech Savvy Mama guessed Led Zeppelin and aj knew that it was Black Dog)
- You know the day destroys the night, night divides the day (Sandra got it- Break on Through by The Doors)
- It's getting near dawn, when lights close their tired eyes. I'll soon be with you my love, to give you my dawn surprise.
- Just yesterday morning they let me know you were gone, Susanne the plans they made put an end to you (Smoochiefrog got it- Fire and Rain by James Taylor)
- If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me? For I must be travelling on, now, 'cause there's too many places I've got to see. (Jennifer got it- Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd)
- Well I never been to heaven, but I been to Oklahoma. Well they tell me I was born there, but I really don't remember (not the first verse) (Hair Girl said Never Been to Spain by Elvis, although my version is by Three Dog Night)
- There are stars in the Southern sky, southward as you go. There is moonlight and moss in the trees (Joy got it- Seven Bridges Road by The Eagles)
- Sweet wonderful you, you make me happy with the things you do, oh, can it be so, this feeling follows me wherever I go (sweet-seventeen got it- You Make Lovin Fun by Fleetwood Mac)
I said, "Hmmm.... what it is?" (Hoping for this Garmin Forerunner 101 GPS watch thingy to help me with my pacing.)
P said, "Six tootsie rolls and four peppermints!"
Super, just what I wanted.
Thursday, May 8, 2008
As I was perusing the Yellow Pages for a cheap locksmith, my coworker asked if I had a roadside assistance plan..... All of the sudden I remember I did!!!!!
So my car got unlocked quickly, and for free to boot.
Mr. Sasha wanted me to ask about getting reimbursed for our lock-out a few weeks ago, but I told him there was probably a Stupidity Clause and if I told AT&T we just went through this 3 weeks ago, they'd be less likely to dispatch someone quickly.... plus I hate doing stuff like that over the telephone, a la Ashley. So I told him he can take care of that phone call himself.
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Anyone have any other sites they need to share with me?
Some of my personal faves:
- Makeup Alley for makeup reviews
- Internet Movie Database for those times when you can't figure out where you've seen that actress before
- Purse Forum especially this thread for authenticating Coach bags on ebay auctions
- Coupon Mom's Newspaper Coupon Database (link in middle of page)
- This site to quickly figure WW points
- Amazon filler item finder when you need to get to $25 for free shipping
- Digital Camera reviews
- Negative/Neutral feedback finder for ebay- quickly find seller's negative and neutrals without wading through all their feedback
- and of course I love Television Without Pity and Perez, but you knew that
So what links do you have for me?
Also taking submissions for Ask the Product Junkie.....
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Monday, May 5, 2008
I'm a big fan of the 100 Calorie packs that are so popular now. Yes, I know they aren't very economical, but it would be less economical for me to eat a whole regular sized bag at a time and have to buy a whole new wardrobe, now wouldn't it?
My latest find is Chex 100 Calorie Chocolate Caramel. Mercy, it's good. There's two flavors in the bag, (obvs) chocolate and caramel. The caramel rocks my world and the chocolate isn't too bad either- a nice balance for the so very sweet caramel. But I could actually eat a whole bag of the caramel, but then that would probably be more than 100 calories....
Anyway, I've also recently tried the Turtle and Peanut Butter Chex and although they don't come in the 100 Calorie bags, you simply must try them. The kiddos loved them too, although they did leave the pretzels in the bag of course, as they weren't covered in a sugary concoction.
And, hey, if you are getting pissed off at me for suggesting too many red-light foods, just remember I can always email you the C25K plan!
Turns out I'm a winner in 15 Minute Beauty Fanatic's Clean & Clear Giveaway!!!!!
You know how much I LOVE trying new beauty products, so I can't wait to use these products and post a review for you.
I absolutely love Christine's site- it's been one of my faves for quite some time. Check her out- she always has great reviews of fab products!
Saturday, May 3, 2008
I spent the better part of 30 minutes trying to get up as much as I can off the toilet seat, the toilet bowl, the tile, the door, the shower door, and the threshold. I gave up on the rug and just threw it away.
Friday, May 2, 2008
i love the smell of laundry and Fresh Sugar Lemon
people would say that i’m a bit nutty and talk a lot and know a little bit about a lot of things and can find anything on the internet
i don’t understand why The Politician can't go to the bathroom in the middle of the night without coming to wake us up
when i wake up in the morning I turn off my alarm that is going to go off in 3 minutes and I jump out of bed ready for the day (I'm super annoying like that)
i lost my willpower to keep counting WW points
life is crazy and right now I couldn't do it with my Lexapro
my past consists of a few semi-bad choices, but I turned out OK regardless
i get annoyed when things don't go my way, a typical Capricorn behavior
parties are something to look forward to (unless there's no beer)
dogs sometimes scare me, but I'd like to have a Golden some day just like LaVerne
cats make me cry since I miss Phil and Margo desperately
tomorrow is a 5K followed by a Tball meeting
i have low tolerance for wine- just a sip and I'm drunk and have a terrible headache
i’m totally terrified of revolving doors and eating vegetables
i wonder why I thought accounting would be a fun career choice
never in my life have i felt the pride I feel when I see my kiddos
high school was pretty damn fun
when i’m nervous I get a rash and my neck turns red
one time at a family gathering... my crazy grandmother made chili for a holiday dinner and tried to poison everybody
take my advice: figure out what works best for you parenting-wise and don't worry about what anyone else thinks- all kids are different and what worked for your best friend/mom/boss may not work for you
making my bed is a necessary part of the morning- I simply cannot go to sleep in an un-made bed
i'm almost always tucking my hair behind my ears and chewing on the inside of my cheeks
i’m addicted to BBC and full-sugar Coke
i want someone to come blow dry my hair every morning
Thursday, May 1, 2008
So I absolutely hate fundraisers. I hate asking people for money. Stupid thin wrapping paper, overpriced cookie dough, magazines I don't have time to read- hate it all.
My view on fundraising is this: School, if you need money, just add $5 to our weekly fees, and we'll hardly notice it. You'll have your money, and we won't have to do any ridiculous fundraising.
But see this fabulous piece of 3X3 art pictured in the middle above? That was painted by my super-talented kiddos, and purchased by the Sashas for the bargain price of $65. It's going to look fab in our playroom!
Our director came up with this idea last year, and we raised a whopping $3500! We are on track to do the same this year.
Here's how it works: parents and staff make the canvases, keeping the cost down. Frames are built with scrap wood and canvas is stretched on the frame and stapled on. Paint is slopped on to give it a base color. Then the kids go to town, creating their masterpieces.
Orders are taken from parents for "commissioned art" at these sizes and prices:
- 1' by 1': $25
- 2' by 2': $45
- 3' by 3': $65
We then have an "art show" where all the pieces are hung up at a local coffee and chocolate shop for a month. Not shown in the picture above are the little cards that will be by each picture with the title and artist of each piece.
On a specific night, parents come to admire the work of their children and there is a silent auction on some group or class pieces. The school even offers childcare for the evening and parents get to enjoy wine, cheese, and chocolate and a little social time, and open up their checkbooks.
How fun is that?