December 2014 Glossybox
(click to enlarge)
GLOSSYBOX is one of the more expensive beauty subscription services ($21 versus both Birchbox and Ipsy's $10), but the quality is so much better- these are high end brands! I also LOVE the beautiful, high quality boxes they send each month. They are great for drawer organizing or keeping craft products in.
Here's a run-down on what I received in my December 2014 box, along with the value of each product.
- Toni&Guy Prep Leave in Conditioner - (Value: $17 for full-sized 3.3 oz product) This is a product intended for dry hair, and my hair is about as far from dry as you can get. I'll be passing this on to a friend.
- Ritual Cosmetics Miracle Scrub in Ginseng & Ginko Biloba- (Value: $17 for full-sized 2.5 oz product) This is a hand scrub that is meant to be rinsed off, leaving behind nourishing oils to moisturize the skin. This time of year my hands definitely need extra care, so I know I will use this.
- NUXE Masque Creme Fraiche de Beaute- (Value: $32 for full-sized 1.7 oz product) This mask says to apply to the face, leave it on for 10 minutes, then massage in any remaining product. I think this would be fabulous for dry skin, but again, I have the opposite skin-type on my face. I did try this on my under-eye area and do think I can use it there.
- Bellapierre Cosmetics Mineral Lipstick in Burlesque- (Value: $20 for full-sized product) Love this color! I have Spring Fever in the worst way, and this is a perfect shade for that mood! It feels moisturizing on, yet doesn't run into in the lines around my lips. As it wears off, it leave behind a stain of color, which is nice.
- Ciate Mini Paint Pot in Yule Rules- (Value: $8 for .17 oz) Yay for nail polish! Sephora doesn't carry this particular shade at this time, but they do carry many others. Ciate is a higher-end brand that I'm looking forward to trying.
VERDICT: My box had a value of approximately $94 so I'm really pleased. Most of the items are definitely be products I will use, and nail polish always makes me happy! I will pass the Toni&Guy product on to a friend.
GLOSSYBOX also has a great point program- if you answer their survey questions on each product after you receive it, you will receive 100 points. After you have collected 1000 points, your next box is free. So after 10 months, I will have a free box.
They also have a referral program and if you use my link to sign up, I'll receive 200 points, getting me closer to my free box! You can do the same with your friends after you sign up. Right now, you can use the promo code BEAUTYSTAT615 to receive 15% off your first box.