February 2015 Glossybox
(click to enlarge)
GLOSSYBOX is one of the more expensive beauty subscription services ($21 versus both Birchbox and Ipsy's $10), but the quality is so much better- these are high end brands! I also LOVE the beautiful, high quality boxes they send each month. They are great for drawer organizing or keeping craft products in.
Here's a run-down on what I received in my February 2015 box, along with the value of each product.
- Rituals Cosmetics Foaming Shower Gel Sensation in Yogi Flow- (Value: $15 for full-sized 6.7 fl. oz. product) This is similar to shaving products- it comes out as a gel, but turns into a foam. It has a strong scent, but it doesn't last on your skin once you are out of the shower.
- Julep Color Treat in Hartleigh- (Value: $14 for full-sized product) Definitely a Valentines-themed glitter topper, but I didn't receive my box until after the holiday was over.
- Royal Apothic Tinties Lip Butter in Pink- (Value: $14 for full-sized product) Super-cute package, but I am not a fan of a lip product I have to apply with my finger or a brush- I prefer a lipstick style or squeeze tube.
- Teadora Nourishing Exfoliating Bar in Rainforest at Dawn- (Value: $5 for full-sized product) I typically don't use bar soap, but I think this would make a nice decorative soap in a guest bath.
- Unwash Bio-Cleansing Conditiner- (Value: $6.67 for 2.5 fl. oz. deluxe sample size product) I am a little wary of this product as I have oily hair that needs suds to feel clean. I'll probably pass this on to a friend.
VERDICT: My box had a value of approximately $55, but 3 of the items aren't really of interest to me, so I'm a little disappointed. My box tends to be shipped toward the end of the month, so holiday items like the Valentine polish are sometimes delivered past the holiday. This is my first time to be a little disappointed, though, in over a year of subscribing.
GLOSSYBOX also has a great point program- if you answer their survey questions on each product after you receive it, you will receive 100 points. After you have collected 1000 points, your next box is free. So after 10 months, I will have a free box.
They also have a referral program and if you use my link to sign up, I'll receive 200 points, getting me closer to my free box! You can do the same with your friends after you sign up. Right now you can use MSAMARCH15 to save 15% off your first box.