Friday, March 30, 2012
Thursday, March 29, 2012
Skinny Runner sometimes posts Crappy Reader Race Pic and I finally have one to send her.
It appears I do something strange with my mouth when I run. As well as my right hand. And if I had noticed the girl on my right, I might have stopped and checked on her- boy does she look tired.
I un-PR'ed this one.... it got HOT and I've been pretending like I don't have a leg injury, so I added 13 minutes onto my prior PR of 2:13 on this course last year. We'll just pretend Sunday didn't happen. At least I looked good in my SR shirt!
All I all, I did have a fabulous weekend since I had some dear friends along to share the experience. I'm not upset at all about my time, just so grateful for getting to spend time with friends I value so much.
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Used as often as you want to refresh your look, Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream instantly delivers big results:
- Renews radiance
- Brightens your complexion
- Evens skin tone and blurs imperfections
- Hydrates for 24 hours
- Protects against UVA & UVB rays with SPF 15
The texture of this B.B. cream is lovely- it's creamy, but not greasy. I find that it sinks right in to my skin. I use a damp foundation brush to apply it and top with a finishing powder to set.
I've noticed that a lot of B.B. creams only have one color option, but Garnier's version has two shades- Light/Medium and Medium/Deep.
I liked the product that BzzAgent sent me so much, that I purchased one to give away to a Sasha Says reader! Read on to find out how.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Thursday, March 22, 2012
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
A I found it! e.l.f. has a much better priced alternative that is identical in my eyes.
on the left: MAKE UP FOR EVER's HD Microfinish Powder ($30 for .35 oz)
on the right: e.l.f. Studio High Definition Powder ($6 for 8 grams, or 0.28 oz)
But there are many many other uses for Q-tips, especially the Precision Tips Q-tips. I have found quite a few uses for them in my beauty routine.
This pic shows a Precision Tip Q-tip on the left, and a regular Q-tip on the right.
- Mascara Error Corrector: If I get a smudge of mascara on my eyelid or below my eyes when I am applying it, I wait until it is dried, then quickly roll a Q-tip over the smudge to remove it without damaging my makeup underneath.
- To Clean My Sonicare Toothbrush: Precision Tips Q-tips are perfect to clean out the inside crevices of my toothbrush.
And some ideas that Q-tips provided to me that I have found quite useful:
- Help Treat Blemishes: To help quickly heal blemishes, apply a small dollop of an acne spot treatment with salicylic acid to the end of a Q-tips® Precision Tips™ cotton swab. They will help you treat blemishes without adding additional oils from your fingers.
- Use Every Last Bit: Q-tips® Precision Tips™ cotton swabs are the perfect size to get the last bit of foundation out of your makeup bottle and off of the rim. The cotton tip also allows for easy transfer of the foundation.
- Keep Your Perfect Pout in Place: Keep lip color from bleeding by using Q-tips® Precision Tips™ cotton swabs to apply loose translucent powder along the outer edge of your lips.
Disclosure: I was provided with Q-tips® Precision Tips™ cotton swabs, a $25 American Express gift card and information about the product by Rocket XL. All opinions are 100% my own.
Monday, March 19, 2012
Last night my friend Amanda and I were discussing making a checklist of crap we need to remember to take with us. See, you'd think running would be a tie-your-shoes-on-and-go sport, but no. And maybe it is for fab seasoned runners like Skinny Runner. But us wannabes need lots of support gear.
So here's my list of "stuff" I'll be taking with me to Dallas.
1. My trusty Garmin 205. Sure, there are a lot of newer versions out, but this one suits me just fine. (Now watch it kick the bucket.)
2. My Road ID. Gotta make sure the paramedics know what I'm allergic to if and when they have to come to my rescue.
3. My ipod. Also an older version. I'll have my Glee running playlist on there, as well as a Sophie Kinsella audiobook. Lately I've been doing half music, half book on my long runs and it seems to work well.
4. My JVC HA-FX34P Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones. I've tried quite a few sets of headphones, and found these to be the most comfortable and they don't bother me at all on long runs.
5. My iFitness Hydration Belt. It's comes with two 6 ounce bottles, and I've added two 8 ounces bottles on the back. Mr. Sasha says I look like a tacky tourist with a fanny pack on, but who's laughing when I finish my race TOTALLY HYDRATED?????? And organized to boot!
6. My Honey Stinger Organic Energy Chews in Pomegranate Passion. Love these because they don't stick to your teeth and are actually delicious if you consider Gummy Candy a food group like I do.
Do you have any must-have items for running?
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon referral links. If you happen to purchase through a link to Amazon, I'll make a few pennies (really) that I'll just roll into purchasing more Honey Stingers.
Thursday, March 15, 2012
On the left: Clarisonic Mia Skin Cleansing System ($99 at Sephora.com. In my state, sales tax is about 8%, so the total price is about $108.)
On the right: Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System(about $30 at Walmart, but can frequently be purchased from Amazon for cheaper: right now it's just $24 and eligible for Prime with no tax or shipping.)
- Both claim to cleans skin/remove makeup 6 times better to basic cleansing. Both come with a small tube of cleanser.
- Both claim to allow skincare products applied after use to absorb better.
- Both are water-resistant and can be used in the shower.
- Olay's Pro-X has a smaller head and does not come with a brush cover.
- Olay's Pro-X uses traditional AA batteries while the Clarisonic has an internal rechargeable battery. The Pro-X battery cover can be difficult to remove, but after reading reviews at Amazon, I didn't have a problem.
- Olay's Pro-X simply spins the brush around in a circle at two choices of speed, while the Clarisonic uses sonic frequency to move the brush back and forth at more than 300 times per second, but at only one speed.
- The Clarisonic has an auto-shutoff after one minute of use, while the Olay Pro-X does not.
- There are five brush options for the Clarisonic such as Delicate and Deep, and they retail for about $40 for two. Only one type of Pro-X replacement brush is available, and it retails for $8.50 for two.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon referral links.
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
This morning I got an email from Old Navy about their new MLB line, and it is so cute and affordable. Just placed an order for some Cubs shirts to support P's team, going thru ebates of course for 2% back, and using code TUESDAYS for 10% on Tuesdays (duh) when you use your Old Navy or Gap card. I threw in some Yankee garb too, since they are my personal fave.
Friday, March 9, 2012
I confess.... that although I don't watch any of the Real Housewife shows, I am watching (and enjoying!) two other reality shows.
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
(And to be clear, I do know Selena's not singing this song.... but how cute are she and the Biebs and all their buddies???)
Monday, March 5, 2012
I don't think so! Once someone at a restaurant asked me if I was on a soap opera, but wasn't sure who it was she thought I looked like. What do you think?
During the 2006-2007 television season, the was a fabulous show on called The Class and Mr. Sasha and I loved it! (And of course it was cancelled). After it was cancelled, we were in NYC just minding our own business, crossing the street, and passed Jesse Tyler Ferguson, who played Richie (pre-Modern Family family). I whispered "Look! There's Richie!" to the hubby and Jesse totally heard me because he turned back around, and tipped his head back as if to say, "Yup, that's me!"
I'm currently doing ChaLean Extreme and training for my third half mary, which will take place at the end of March.
In high school, I drove a Fiat Spider for a bit, and I loved loved loved how cute it was. Of course, a 2 seater was no fun when you wanted to haul 6 of your friends around, so it didn't last long. I would absolutely love to have one now, just as a "fun" car.
Friday, March 2, 2012
2. I confess that I have added a new pic to my Laminated List pinboard..... Tim Riggins with short hair! Hubba hubba.
3. I confess to throwing away a new tube of mascara this week- NXY Fly With Me. It made my lashes sticky and when I blinked my eyes, the top and bottom would stick together. Not a good look! This one came in my Allure Beauty Box, so I didn't technically pay for it specifically, so I didn't feel too bad about trashing it. I liked their Doll Eye mascara, so I'm disappointed I didn't like this one.
What do you confess this week?