January 2015 Glossybox
(click to enlarge)
GLOSSYBOX is one of the more expensive beauty subscription services ($21 versus both Birchbox and Ipsy's $10), but the quality is so much better- these are high end brands! I also LOVE the beautiful, high quality boxes they send each month. They are great for drawer organizing or keeping craft products in.
Here's a run-down on what I received in my January 2015 box, along with the value of each product.
- Teeez Trend Cosmetics Beautiful Flat Stiff Brush- (Value: $23.50) I haven't gotten very many makeup brushes in my subscription boxes, so this was a treat for me. The handle is so cute and unique.
- Skin&Co Roma Truffle Therapy Serum- (Value: $12.50 for 5 ml) A full-sized bottle of this is $80 for 1 ounce! It does feel great on the skin, sinking in instantly, and has a nice slight coconut scent. It's always fun to try high-end products I wouldn't normally buy.
- Kueshi Revitalizing Face Toner- (Value: $13.30 for full-sized 6.76 fl oz product) Toners are also something I haven't gotten much of in my subscription boxes, and something I normally don't use in my beauty routine. This one is designed to control shine in oily-prone areas so this is actually a perfect product for me to try in my T zone.
- Lollipops Eye Pencil in Goodbye Moon– (Value: $17.70 for full-sized product) I typically wear brown eyeliner rather than black, but this will be nice to have in my collection. I love that it is retractable and doesn't require sharpening. It's really smooth and intense.
- VICHY Purete Thermale 3-In-1 One Step Cleanser- (Value: $2.90 for 1 fl oz) This cleansing milk is very gentle and can even be used to remove eye makeup. Although I didn't use it for that purpose, I did use it to remove my facial makeup and was pleased with it. It will be a great addition to my travel bag.
VERDICT: My box had a value of approximately $70 so I'm really pleased. Most of the items are products I will use, and I was especially pleased to get a makeup brush!
GLOSSYBOX also has a great point program- if you answer their survey questions on each product after you receive it, you will receive 100 points. After you have collected 1000 points, your next box is free. So after 10 months, I will have a free box.
They also have a referral program and if you use my link to sign up, I'll receive 200 points, getting me closer to my free box! You can do the same with your friends after you sign up. Right now, you can use the promo code AIMODSTER15 to get a travel-size eyeliner duo free with your first box, or you can use the code bitbox315 to receive $10 off a 3 month subscription.